The function of the Lab Quality and Testing Engineer is to provide technical expertise in all aspects of performing demo tests sales, contract tests, report preparation, presentation preparation, on-site installation, commissioning, basic customer training, maintenance in respect of the company’s products.
The primary objective is to be an efficient and proactive member of the team in delivering highly competent, effective and focussed engineering and technical support and to further the professional image of the Company.
Work scope involves in the implementation of in-house testing service, installation, maintenance, service of our instrumentation, duties will include:
• good understanding of our instrumentation
• good understanding of the customers’ inquiries/needs from the sales team
• familiarisation with all our instrumentation
• preparation of professional test reports, presentations and technical documents to the sales team
• inspect, install, set up, test and achieve specifications of systems and accessories at customers’ sites, and deliver basic operator training
• carry out maintenance at customers’ sites
• provide technical support and assistance to customers and to colleagues, either directly or by remote diagnosis
• provide of technical input to the sales team in non-routine sales cases
• travel within Germany occasionally
The position reports to the Lab Manager who will agree expectations, offer guidance as necessary and provide framework support. Day-to-day priorities will be set by the Team Leader.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
• outgoing and good at building relationships through inspiring trust and confidence
• a professional image
• self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
• the ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team
• capability of fast learning
• a qualification in mechanical/material engineering, physics or a related discipline or be able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience
• a solid technical or scientific background gained in industry or academia
Skills and Experience
• the ability of good communication within the team regarding the customer’s requests
• the capacity to take responsibility for the complete measurement and evaluation for the testing services
• ability to diagnose causes of malfunction and to actively resolve customers’ service problems
• good computer literacy
• the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good spoken and written English.
The achievement of set objectives, training requirements and further career development are reviewed annually.