The function of the Service and Support Engineer is to provide hands-on technical expertise in all aspects of sales, on-site installation, commissioning, basic customer training, maintenance, fault-finding and customer support in respect of the company’s products.
The primary objective is to be an efficient and proactive member of the team in delivering highly competent, effective and focussed engineering and technical support to the customers to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to further the professional image of the Company.
Work scope involves in the installation, maintenance, service and technical support of our instrumentation, duties will include:
• familiarisation with all our instrumentation prior to installation from issued documentation
• participation in the final testing process in the factory before delivery
• liaise with customers and/or colleagues onsite for installation
• inspect, install, set up, test and achieve specifications of systems and accessories at customers’ sites, and deliver basic operator training
• carry out maintenance at customers’ sites
• provide technical support and assistance to customers and to colleagues, either directly or by remote diagnosis
• provide of technical input to the sales team in non-routine sales cases
• travel within Germany and occasionally within Europe is an essential part of the job.
The position reports to the Sales Directors who will agree expectations, offer guidance as necessary and provide framework support. Day-to-day priorities will be set by the Team Leader.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
•outgoing and good at building relationships through inspiring trust and confidence
•a professional image
•self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
•the ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team
•capability of fast learning
•a qualification in mechanical/material engineering, physics or a related discipline or be able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience
•a solid technical or scientific background gained in industry or academia
•a current driving licence valid in Germany
Skills and Experience
•the ability of good communication with the customer’s requests and in-house sales and manufacturing
•the capacity to take responsibility for the complete installation and commissioning of sophisticated instrumentation and to instruct users in its basic operation
•ability to diagnose causes of malfunction and to actively resolve customers’ service problems
•good computer literacy
•the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good spoken and written English.
The achievement of set objectives, training requirements and further career development are reviewed annually.